Camping Ministry Philosophy
To create Disciples of Christ by providing a safe and fun environment, where campers and retreat groups can grow in their faith, renew, unplug, and develop life skills through intentional programming and spiritual enrichment.
To Bring all persons to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. To encourage and enhance the spiritual and physical development: of individuals and groups through participation in the camp experience.
- To provide opportunities for guiding and nurturing persons in a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The program intentionally presents Christ through daily worship experiences and Bible studies in a way that all persons can develop that relationship.
- To create an environment of Christian fellowship in which campers can develop positive peer relationships and benefit from positive adult role models for Christian faith and practice.
- To provide and outdoor setting in which camp participants are encouraged to develop an understanding and appreciation of their relationship with both creation and the Creator.
The camp experience is experiential in nature and relationship based. With this in mind the responsibility before us is to prepare a place where ministry can happen by:
- Providing a setting where individuals can explore their faith and grow in their spiritual life.
- Providing a nurturing and disciplined environment where Christian faith may be shared in a wholesome manner.
- Providing the best possible volunteer and paid staff to coordinate a structured and quality program.
- Providing a safe environment that is free of hazards and hazardous areas, as well as a clean facility and attractive grounds.
- Providing a positive experience for everyone involved in the Norwesca camping program.
- Providing a quality program that brings all of the above factors together.